The Metro Nashville Mayor’s Sustainability Advisory Committee is searching for pictures that represent Nashville’s environmental successes and prospects. Pictures could contain a range of environmental difficulties, impacts, or methods. Entries will be judged on relevance to the concept, as well as composition, originality, and specialized top quality, and will consist of open voting by the general public. Winners will be exhibited on the net and all over a variety of venues all-around Nashville. The contest is open up to inhabitants of Davidson and surrounding counties.
Connect with for Entries: Opens early December 2022. Indicator up to get an email recognize when the contest opens.
Deadline to Submit: February 15, 2023
Winners will be selected in three age categories and a number of themes. Submissions will be seen and voted on on-line, and winners will be exhibited online and all through many venues all-around Nashville. Photographers will obtain exposure for their do the job, even though aiding and educating the community on the worth of environmental sustainability.
- Under 12
- 12 – 18 several years
- About 18
Candidates my post their entry below a person of the subsequent themes. Prompts under every concept are presented as examples for each individual concept, but entries are not restricted to these illustrations.
- Strength including conservation, usage, effects on the natural environment, green infrastructure, vehicle to grid, and electrical motor vehicles
- Transportation such as vehicular, pedestrian, bicycle, and public transportation
- Properties which include vitality saving design, neighborhoods, landscaping, web site style and design, and coming up with for less waste
- Squander which includes wasted foodstuff, recycling, squander reduction and diversion, water, electrical power
- All-natural Resources which include vitality, drinking water, air, wildlife, landscaping, land use
- Environmental Justice together with detrimental environmental impacts on reduced profits, minority, and disadvantaged communities
- Resilience which includes addressing climate modify and environmental difficulties by way of preparedness, flooding, heat, extreme temperature, urban canopy, environmentally friendly infrastructure, and local community help
Specifications for Submissions
Applicants will be necessary to meet the subsequent complex prerequisites and photo caption necessities.
To be displayed in our on-line gallery with out being stretched or distorted, images ought to be submitted in .jpeg, .jpg, or .gif structure, edited for internet in sRGB coloration place, at minimum 2000px extensive, and no greater than 10MB.
Picture credit need to involve:
- Photographer’s complete name
- Spot the photo was taken
- Date the picture was taken
Caption has a highest phrase limit of 150 words and phrases and need to include things like or response the following:
- Who or what is depicted in the photo?
- Description of how the photo’s material relates to the natural environment (in a favourable or unfavorable way)
- How does the photograph signify the category?
- Explain to us what motivated you to just take the photograph?
- What does this photograph say about our community?
Pictures will be excluded from the contest that:
- Are not in a electronic structure and submitted electronically
- Have been significantly retouched or altered with application
- Comprise obscene, provocative, defamatory, express, or if not objectionable or inappropriate content
- Infringe on copyrights or misrepresent the work of other individuals
- Contain watermarks, time or day stamps, or logos
- Have not met all submission requirements
- Are compressed information
- Do not include photographer credit score, caption, and location
- Have been formerly released (apart from on photographer’s individual social media accounts)
- Are not taken in area of Metro Nashville/Davidson County or surrounding counties
Copyrights and Usage
The artists taking part in the competitiveness grant Metro Nashville the proper to use these photographs to boost the competitiveness on its web-site, social media, e-newsletter, catalogues, exhibition or by its associates. Nevertheless, the copyright is retained by the artists.
Applicants will be essential to indication a launch type for just about every submission.
Submissions will open up in early December 2022.
Resources from the Mayor’s Place of work of Sustainability
Mayor’s Sustainability Advisory Committee 2021 Report
2021 Climate Adjust Mitigation Motion System