Garden & Landscape Expo Offers Spring-like Respite Feb. 10-12
January 31, 2023
As wintertime settles more than Wisconsin, the 30th-once-a-year PBS Wisconsin Backyard garden & Landscape Expo provides a bit of spring-like heat to the Alliant Energy Centre in Madison, Feb. 10-12. Event hours are noon to 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 10 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 11 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12.
One-day tickets for Backyard garden & Landscape Expo charge $8 in progress and $10 at the doorway. Children 12 and underneath are admitted cost-free. Two-day passes are available for $13 in progress and $15 at the doorway. Three-working day passes are obtainable for $16 in advance and $18 at the doorway.
Tickets can be procured online now.
Progress ticket retail stores are situated conveniently all over the state at different supporting organizations. A total checklist is offered at wigardenexpo.com. Site visitors also can invest in advance tickets on the site by way of Feb. 8. There is an further demand for parking at the Alliant Power Center.
PBS Wisconsin hosts the group instructional function and fundraiser in partnership with the College of Wisconsin-Madison Horticulture Division of Extension. All proceeds assist PBS Wisconsin’s quality programming, educational initiatives and functions that provide to enrich Wisconsin communities. Progress discounted tickets are readily available now at wigardenexpo.com.
This year’s celebration functions the most recent innovations in gardening and landscaping — with data and advice spread among the lush environmentally friendly vegetation, colourful bouquets, lively layouts of spring, and tasty bounties from home gardens and Wisconsin farms.
Website visitors are invited to check out the annual Garden & Landscape Expo Farmers Current market 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 12. The Farmers Marketplace features farmers, food artisans and local foodstuff merchants. Goods offered at the industry incorporate artisan cheeses and contemporary cheese curds, heritage pork, beef, lamb, organic tea, great candies and a lot more.
Highlights from this year’s event include:
- Above 200 exhibitor booths providing seeds, vegetation, landscaping companies, textbooks, applications, lawn devices and other enjoyable goods for gardens and yards of all dimensions.
- Extra than 125 no cost academic seminars and demonstrations on topics this kind of as the very best houseplants for Midwestern properties, gardening for getting old and incapacity, expanding indoor citrus trees, property-scale grain manufacturing, perennial yard care, foraging, food items preservation, rising garlic in Wisconsin and considerably a lot more.
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Horticulture Division of Extension authorities will be available to supply insight, plant identification and suggestions to gardeners and novice landscapers of all ranges.
- Yard Bistro – Open up Friday from noon to 6 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Found in the Atrium, the Backyard garden Bistro will provide farm-to-desk fare through the weekend, such as salads, sandwiches and soups.
- PBS Little ones Nature Cat’s Yard – Cultivate a really like for gardening and the outdoor with your full relatives in Mother nature Cat’s Yard! In addition to a assortment of academic gardening routines, the space will attribute a swing set, basketball court, trampoline and putting environmentally friendly. Each individual day is “Family Day” at the Yard & Landscape Expo, with distinctive highlights, such as Nature Cat and Daniel Tiger meet up with and greets, all through the weekend.
- Garden & Landscape Expo T-Shirts and Totes – Show your love of gardening and PBS Wisconsin with a Yard & Landscape Expo T-shirt and tote bag. T-shirts are $20 and tote baggage are $22! Get yours at the PBS Wisconsin booth. Proceeds guidance PBS Wisconsin.
- The Back garden & Landscape Expo Pictures Contest brings a further form of art, imagery and standpoint to the party. See amazing perform from Wisconsin novice photographers capturing the purely natural natural beauty of the state. Attendees are encouraged to vote for their favourite photograph for the Viewers’ Preference Award, which will be introduced at 4 p.m. Saturday.
- Fascinating Shade Common Flower Exhibit – All working day Friday via Sunday. Offered by Madison District Garden Golf equipment, this year’s Regular Flower Exhibit is titled Charming Colour. Countrywide Backyard Golf equipment judges will evaluate reveals and viewers are welcome to vote for their favourite just about every working day of Backyard & Landscape Expo.
- Floral Style and design Challenge – Saturday 12:30 to 1:15 p.m. on Demo Stage A. Centered on the popular Television set exhibit Chopped, 4 Common Flower Clearly show judges will each at the same time create a floral structure without the need of recognizing what is in their “basket.” Designers will explain their inspiration and the audience will decide their beloved.
- Nonprofit organizations specializing in different plant species, rain gardens, rock gardens, conservation endeavours and much more will have booths to share their facts.
- An enjoyable Backyard garden & Landscape Expo raffle for prizes which include landscape deals, products, decorations, instruments and extra. Raffle ticket proceeds assist PBS Wisconsin.
For far more facts about the party, check out wigardenexpo.com. Exclusive many thanks to our occasion sponsors Wisconsin Greenhouse Corporation and Willy Avenue Co-op.
Back garden Expo Backyard garden and Landscape Expo Instruction gardening landscaping